Palangan Village, KurdistanJanuary 15, 2020
Nepal Started Issuing Permits for winter AscendsJanuary 22, 2020
The major route that is usually taken is Darband route.Your ascend begins at the altitude of 1800 meters that is the altitude of Tehran.It takes two days to climb the mountain.It is recommended to try the mountain on Wednesday and Friday because usually there are other climbers and rescue teams at Tochal during weekends.Tochal is located at north of Tehran.It is part of the southern Alborz mountain range.Tochal is known as roof of Tehran.Shah Neshin is a peak located on the west side of Tochal and Darabad is other peak on east of Tochal.“Tochal” means small lake. On Spring, you can see small lake around the peak.It is 3965 meters high.You can also ski on Tochal on winters.Routes to climb Tochal:
- Darband, Shir Pala, Siah Sang, Tochal.
- Jamshidiyeh park, Kolak Chal, Piaz Chal, Tochal.
- Velenjak, seventh station of Telecabin, Tochal.
- Darakeh, Palang Chal, Seventh station of Telecabin, Tochal.
- Darabad, Piazchal, Tochal.
- Darband, Osoun valley, Seventh station of Telecabin, tochal.
- Northern side that is known as Shekarab.
There are goats, rabbits and foxes living in this mountain.Also you can find more than 100 types of butterflies on this mountain.There are three shelters on the Darband route:
- Shirpala shelter: built at the altitude of 2750 meters. Got a restaurant, hustle and bathroom. Good access to net and mobiles.
- Amiri Sheter: an empty room made of stone at the altitude of 3500 meters.
- Metal shelter: built on top of Tichal out of metal. Its very effective on winters.
It takes two hours walk from Darband to Shirpala.In this part of your ascend, the stones and metal ladders are extremely slippery and you should be careful.At Shirpala you can take beautiful photos of Tehran and the scenery.From Sbirpala to next shelter. i.e. Amiri Shelter there is another two hours walk.From Amiri to the peak there is another two hours walk.On the way back you can take Telecabin.There are springs on the route but it’s better to take enough water with you.On winters Tochal got lots of avalanches so, take a local guide.You need crampons, heavy shoes and buttons.Take GPS with yourself.For booking tours contact us: 0098 990 610 370 1 (whatsApp)