Tehran_Qom-MashahdFebruary 17, 2019
Damavand info, Ascending the South FaceFebruary 23, 2019
Mt. Damavand historical and geographic facts:
- Highest volcano of Asia.
- Highest peak at Alborz range.
- Till now, less than 3000 foreigners have climb Damavand compared to Fuji Yama that annually 300k foreigners are visiting it.
- There are hot springs at the foot of Damavand.
- Damavand is 39k years old.
- Top of Damavand is flat and wide.
- The first foreigner that climbed Damavand was Tiller Thomson in 1837.
- According to myths Damavand is shelter of a mysterious giant bird known as phoenix.
- Another myth about Damavand: Once upon a time, in ancient Persia, there was a war between Persia and Tooran (currently India). After negotiations, the Persians and Tooranis made a deal that, a Persian soldier shoots an arrow from top of Damavand towards Tooran. Wherever the arrow falls down, that place should be the border. Arash, a strong Persian soldier, best of the best and bravest of the braves, ascended Damavand and shot the arrow. The arrow landed on a place near Amou Darya River (currently located at Afghanistan). Arash lost his life on the spot due to the energy spent for dropping the arrow.